It’s safe to say that poker is one of the most exciting casino card games invented. Even people who don’t play cards know what poker is. If you are a poker enthusiast and you have plenty of experience, you might want to test your luck by entering a few official tournaments. However, if you haven’t played in tournaments before, you should start with poker freerolls. Here are a few sites where you can play poker tournaments for free.
What Is A Poker Freeroll?
In case you are not familiar with this term, here’s a simple explanation. A poker “freeroll” is a free poker tournament that doesn’t require you to pay an entry fee in order to participate. However, this doesn’t mean that its rewards are not real. In fact, poker freeroll tournaments pay the winner in real money. Or, at the very least in “real-money value” prizes like poker merchandise, for example. In most cases, poker freerolls typically offer prize pools of a few hundred dollars.
It’s safe to say that entering a poker freeroll tournament is the best way to build your bankroll without investing any of your money. This is also a good opportunity for you to improve your poker skills without risking anything. In case you are interested in free casino games, make sure to check out the recommendations by Zamsino and try to find a joint that suits you the best.
Since we got this sorted out, it’s time to talk about the best sites where you can play in poker tournaments for free.
When it comes to poker tournaments, PokerStars is a site that most players, regardless of their age, poker preferences, and experience, prefer. Considering how well-organized this site is, this shouldn’t come as a surprise. PokerStars offers a plethora of options regarding poker tournaments, and if you are looking for freerolls, they definitely have what you need.
- $5,000 Depositor Freeroll tournament
- $1,000 Welcome Freerolls tournament (up to 7 per player)
- $10 in free Spin & Go tickets for every player who signs up
- The biggest prize pool is $5,000
You have to admit, this is a pretty good deal.
Poker Stars might be the best of the bunch, but WSOP.com is a poker website that definitely deserves to be on this list. Like most trusted online casinos and poker sites, it has an intuitive design, which means that even inexperienced poker players will find their way. When it comes to tournament options, WSOP.com offers the following.
- $100 Welcome Freerolls. These tournaments are just for new players. If you are a new player, you can get 7 tickets by making a $10 deposit.
- $1,000 Hero Freeroll. This is a monthly event for former/current members of armed forces, police & fire departments. Therefore, if you are wearing a badge, this one’s for you.
- Regular open freerolls. This is an open tournament that welcomes all players.
- The biggest prize pool is $1,000 to $10,000.
It’s important to state that the free money bonus can be used for tournament play.
It’s safe to say that BetMGM is one of the best poker sites on the internet. This site welcomes both experienced players and those who haven’t played too many poker games. When it comes to the design of the site, it’s very simple. There’s nothing to write home about and that’s usually how experienced poker players like it. They are mostly interested in what’s happening in poker rooms and at poker tables. BetMGM hosts a lot of poker freeroll tournaments. Here are some of the options.
- $50K freeroll tournament.
- Regular freerolls – the prize money and regulations vary from tournament to tournament.
- The biggest prize pool is $50,000.
This is another household name when it comes to poker freeroll tournaments. 888poker is one of the most popular poker sites and for good reason. Here you can find plenty of wonderful tournaments for newbies. The best tournament options are the following.
- Tiered VIP Freerolls up to $3,000.
- Regular $1,000 freerolls during the week and weekly $3,000 freerolls during Spring Fever promos.
- Plenty of freerolls throughout the year.
- The biggest prize pool is $3,000.
Plenty of people consider poker to be one of the most exciting card games. Participating in freeroll poker tournaments is a good way for you to work on your skills and win awesome prizes without investing your own money. However, you should be careful and play responsibly.