Mike Otwell, a regular at Dover Downs Hotel & Casino in Delaware, is the champion of the Ante Up Poker Tour Main Event on the July 28-Aug. 1 Ante Up Poker Cruise aboard Royal Caribbean’s Enchantment of the Seas out of Port Canaveral, Fla.
Otwell of Betterton, Md., chopped the first- and second-place money of $1,804 with Michael Patton of Montevallo, Ala., and the two agreed to play out one hand for the championship in the $100 buy-in event.
In Event #1 ($20 no-limit hold’em with rebuys), Ed Hunter of Gainesville, Fla., was the champion, earning $390.
The next Ante Up Poker Cruise Ante Up Poker Tour event is Oct. 19-26 on Royal Caribbean’s Navigator of the Seas out of Galveston, Texas.
MAIN EVENT ($100 no-limit hold’em, 48 entries)
1. Mike Otwell, Betterton, Md., $1,036
2. Michael Patton, Montevallo, Ala., $768
3. Joe Alberger, Tampa, Fla., $691
4. Bobby Beauchamp, East, Texas, $576
5. Larry Penn, Lakeport, Fla., $461
6. David Fowler, Deltona, Fla., $308
EVENT #1 ($20 no-limit hold’em with rebuys, 33 entries and 48 rebuys)
1. Ed Hunter, Gainesville, Fla., $390
2. Lee Hane, Chiefland, Fla., $325
3. Perry Cervera, Hudson, Fla., $270
4. David Fowler, Deltona, Fla., $195
5. Shari Amato, Sarasota, Fla., $120