A look at some featured events around the country, plus daily events and promotions.
* WORLD POKER FINALS: Foxwoods Resort Casino in Mashantucket, Conn., hosts this series Oct. 20-Nov 4. There will be 21 events with buy-ins from $300 to $2,700 offered in a variety of formats.
BIG POKER OCTOBER: The Bicycle Casino in Bell Gardens, Calif., hosts this series (Sept. 22-Oct. 15) of 32 events with buy-ins from $75 to $550. The Bike puts on good events and this should be a great series for the low roller.
HPT CLUB ONE: The HPT wraps up a string of several West Coast stops at Club One Casino in Fresno, Calif. (Sept. 27-Oct. 6). In addition to the $1,650 televised main event, there will be six $100 events and one $200 event.
FALL POT OF GOLD: The Grand Sierra Resort in Reno hosts this series (Oct. 3-13) with 17 events (buy-ins range from $120 to $400). This should be good value for small bankrolls.
WYNN FALL CLASSIC: There will be 11 events with buy-ins from $330 to $1,600 and many with multiple Day 1 flights at the Wynn in Las Vegas. This poker room always puts on well-run events, and this should be no exception, as the series runs Oct. 11-29.
WSOPC HARVEYS LAKE TAHOE: The World Series of Poker Circuit stops at Harveys Lake Tahoe from Oct. 24 to Nov. 4. There will be 12 ring events with buy-ins from $365 to $1,675 as well as 15 non-ring events.
OREGON STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS: The Chinook Winds Casino in Lincoln City, Ore., hosts this DeepStacks Poker Tour stop Oct. 27 to Nov 4. There will be 14 events with buy-ins ranging from $75 to $1,100.
DEEP STACK EXTRAVAGANZA: This will be the fourth (and final) installment this year of the Deep Stack Extravaganza at the Venetian in Las Vegas, which runs Oct. 31-Nov 27. There will be 57 events with buy-ins from $200 to $2,500.
* FALL POKER SERIES: There will be 25 events in this series at Choctaw Casino in Durant, Okla. It runs Sept. 26-Oct. 7 and will have buy-ins ranging from $125 to $1,120.
WSOPC HORSESHOE SOUTHERN INDIANA: The WSOPC stops at the Horseshoe Casino in Elizabeth, Ind., from Oct. 3-14. There are 12 ring events with buy-ins ranging from $365 to $1675 as well as nine non-ring events.
* FALL CLASSIC: Canterbury Park in Shakopee, Minn., is hosting the largest and oldest tournament series in Minnesota (Oct. 5-21).
This year’s series will feature 27 events with buy-ins from $120 to $1,100, including H.O.R.S.E., stud and pot-limit Omaha.
* FALLOUT CHAMPIONSHIP: The Riverside (Iowa) Casino hosts this $1,010 event Oct. 6-13. See our story on Page 32.
HPT INDIGO SKY: The Heartland Poker tour stops at the Indigo Sky Casino in Wyandotte, Okla., Oct. 10-21. In addition to the $1,650 televised main event there are six events with buy-ins ranging from $100 to $360.
WSOPC HAMMOND: The WSOPC stops at the Horseshoe Casino in Hammond, Ind., Oct. 17-28. There are 12 ring events with buy-ins ranging from $365 to $1675 as well as nine non-ring events.
* HPT PRAIRIE MEADOWS: Prairie Meadows Racetrack Casino Hotel in Altoona, Iowa, hosts the HPT from Oct.18-27. In addition to the $1,650 main event there will be five events with buy-ins from $60 to $250.
HPT BELTERRA: The HPT stops at the Belterra Casino in Florence, Ind., from Oct. 25-Nov. 4.
MSPT MESKWAKI: The Mid-States Poker Tour returns to the Meskwaki Bingo Casino from Oct. 26 to Nov. 3 for another $300K guarantee with a $1,110 buy-in.
* ISLE OPEN: The Isle Poker Open returns to the Isle Casino Pompano Park in Pompano Beach, Fla., from Oct. 3-30.
* HPT DAYTONA: The Daytona Beach Kennel Club hosts the HPT on Oct. 4-14. In addition to the $1,650 main event, there will be three events with buy-ins from $100 to $330.
* Denotes the main event of this series/tournament qualifies for Ante Up POY consideration as the final 10 players earn POY points.