A look at some featured events around the country. The following pages also highlight daily events and promotions.
* WESTERN NEW YORK CHALLENGE: This event (Feb. 12-18) is at Seneca Niagara Casino in Niagara Falls. The series consists of 10 events with $120-$1,080 buy-ins.
PHILLY POKER OPEN: This event (Feb. 16-24) is at Harrah’s Philadelphia and is perfect for the low-roller. The series consists of 14 events with affordable buy-ins ($90-$500).
WSOPC ATLANTIC CITY: Caesars AC will host the World Series of Poker Circuit (Feb. 28-March 11). The series has 12 ring events as well as a few non-ring events, including satellites for the WSOP main event.
L.A. POKER CLASSIC: The L.A. Poker Classic, one of the largest tournament series on the calendar, is back at the Commerce Casino near Los Angeles and will run until March 3. In addition to the $10K World Poker Tour televised event, there are 68 events in a variety of formats and buy-ins ($75-$25K).
* VENETIAN DSE: The Venetian Deep Stack Extravaganza is back (Jan 31-Feb. 28). There are 78 events over 29 days with $200-$2,500 buy-ins. There’s always a large turnout and prize pool for these events.
WSOPC LAS VEGAS: Caesars Palace in Las Vegas hosts the WSOPC (Feb 7-18). There will several non-ring events in addition to the standard 12 ring events.
WINTER CLASSIC: The second annual Winter Classic at Talking Stick Resort’s Arena Poker Room in Arizona will be Feb. 16-18.
* PACWEST POKER CLASSIC: This DeepStacks Poker Tour series at Chinook Winds Casino (Feb. 9-18) features 18 events, including a $1,100 main event with a $100K guarantee.
WYNN CLASSIC: The Wynn Classic (Feb. 28-March 17) returns to the Wynn Casino Las Vegas. The series will have 12 events ($300-$5,180).
* MSPT RUNNING ACES: The Mid-States Poker Tour kicks off Season 4 at Running Aces Harness Park in Columbus, Minn., (Feb. 8-17). Last year’s event had more than 300 entrants and a great turnout is expected again.
CHICAGO CLASSIC: The Horseshoe Hammond hosts the third annual Chicago Poker Classic (Feb. 20-March 4), an 11-event series with buy-ins ranging from $240 to $3,125.
WSOPC TUNICA: Harrah’s in Tunica, Miss., will continue hosting the WSOPC until Feb. 4. There are still three chances left to win a ring in February as well as four non-ring events.
* WPT LUCKY HEARTS OPEN: The Seminole Hard Rock Casino in Hollywood, Fla., hosts this event (Jan. 23-Feb. 12). In addition to the $3,500 WPT-televised event, there will be 25 tourneys with buy-ins ranging from $125 to $1,000. There are more than $1 million in guarantees for the series, so be prepared for big prize pools.
* WSOPC WEST PALM BEACH: The Palm Beach Kennel Club hosts the WSOPC on Feb. 14-25. In addition to the standard 12 ring events, there will be five non-ring events, including a seniors and ladies event.
* Denotes the main event of this series/tournament qualifies for Ante Up Player of the Year consideration as the final 10 players earn POY points.