There are a lot of tournament series picking up steam heading into mid autumn. Here’s a look at the upcoming events in November.
* WORLD POKER FINALS: The WPF (Oct. 25-Nov. 5) at Foxwoods in Connecticut has everything you could want in a tournament series: a wide range of buy-ins and game types, great structures, huge fields and a world-class poker room. If you’re on the East Coast or you can get there from around the country, you really shouldn’t miss this one.
SENECA FALL POKER CLASSIC: This series (Oct. 29-Nov. 5) is a nice little series that has six events, including a ladies tournament, at the Seneca Niagara Falls.
* DEEPSTACKS MOHEGAN SUN: This stop (Nov. 23-Dec. 3) culminates in a $2,500 main event with commitments to attend from Mike Matusow, Michael Mizrachi, Randal Flowers and Tristan Wade.
WPT MONTREAL: The Playground Poker Club in Montreal is hosting a series of tournaments (Nov. 15-27) that features a $3,300 World Poker Tour Main Event and will give away 10 bracelets and one WPT belt.
WSOPC ATLANTIC CITY: Harrah’s Resort in Atlantic City will host the World Series of Poker Circuit on Nov 29-Dec 10.
* ANTE UP NORCAL CLASSIC: The Ante Up NorCal Classic (Nov. 19-Dec. 3) is the inaugural Ante Up Poker Tour stop and is offering events and buy-ins for all players, including a staggering 25 mega-satellites for the $1,100 main event. This year’s calendar will include a six-handed event, bounty tournaments, H.O.R.S.E. and Omaha/8, plus plenty of no-limit hold’em, including a $100K guaranteed three-day event that begins the day after Thanksgiving. Expect a huge field for this main event. Also, all AUPT events are Ante Up Player of the Year eligible.
HPT ROUTE 66: The Heartland Poker Tour returns to the Route 66 Casino in Albuquerque with the $1,650 main event starting Nov. 2. The event missed its guarantee last time so there could be some free money in the prize pool.
* VENETIAN DSE: The Venetian Deep Stack Extravaganza runs through Nov. 19. The schedule includes a larger event at noon every day, a bounty event starting at 3 p.m., and a $200 buy-in at 7 p.m. The main event is $2,500 and with a good schedule and structures, the DSE often draws fields of more than 500 entries.
WSOPC RIVER ROCK: The WSOPC makes its first stop outside the United States when it rolls into the Vancouver area Oct. 27-Nov. 7 at the River Rock Casino, less than 20 miles from the Vancouver airport. This is a huge metro area that includes Seattle and Tacoma, and we expect huge fields.
L.A. POKER OPEN: The series (Oct. 31-Nov.18) returns to Commerce Casino and features 20 events and culminates in a $2,085 championship event.
HPT PALMS: The HPT returns to the Palms Casino in Las Vegas with the $1,650 main event starting Nov. 9.
WSOPC HARVEYS LAKE TAHOE: This circuit stop (Nov. 8-Nov. 19) features 12 ring events, including the $1,675 Main Event, and just as many non-ring events.
WILDHORSE FALL ROUNDUP: The Wildhorse Casino in Pendleton, Ore., will host its fall series Nov. 8-18. These events have large fields. Great for small bankrolls, too, but get your hotel booked now because they often sell out.
* CHOCTAW DREAMCATCHER: Scotty Nguyen’s Dreamcatcher tournament will double as his birthday party, and Scotty definitely knows how to party so the Michelob should be flowing. From Oct. 25-Nov. 5, the Choctaw Resort and Casino in Oklahoma will have tournaments every day with $250-$1,000 buy-ins.
MSPT MESKWAKI: This will be the third Mid-States Poker Tour event at this casino this year, giving away nearly $700K total in those tournaments. It returns with another $300K guarantee Oct. 27-Nov. 4.
MSPT MILLE LACS: The MSPT will stop at Grand Casino on the shores of beautiful Mille Lacs Lake. Satellites start Nov. 10. Day 1A will be Nov. 16 and re-entries will be allowed into Day 1B. We expect a huge field. Book a hotel room early for this one.
* HOLLYWOOD POKER OPEN: This series at the Hollywood Casino at Lawrence, Ind., features seven $200 mega-satellites for its $500K guarantee championship at the M Resort in Las Vegas in June. The main event is $550.
* WPT JACKSONVILLE: The WPT Jacksonville main event is the culmination of the Jacksonville Fall Series at bestbet (Oct. 25-Nov. 13). The main event (Nov. 9-13) features a $500K guarantee. This should be a big series with multiple events on most days, a nice variety and a fantastic new poker room.
WPT STAX FALL CLASSIC: This is a WPT Regional (Oct. 24-Nov. 4) at Seminole Casino Coconut Creek in Florida. The series has 14 events, including a $500 main event.
* ROCK N’ ROLL OPEN: The Hard Rock in Hollywood, Fla., brings back its annual series (Nov. 7-26) that includes a $300K guarantee for its $1,650 main event Nov. 23-24.
* Denotes the main event of this series/tournament qualifies for Ante Up Player of the Year consideration as the final 10 players earn POY points.