At the beginning of November, the Mid-States Poker Tour visited Ho-Chunk Gaming Wisconsin Dells. The $1,100 main event attracted 305 entries for a $305K prize pool, a state record.
Three days of play resulted in arguably the toughest final table in MSPT history, including Brett Kuznia, who was making his fifth consecutive MSPT cash; online legend John “JohnnyGstaks” Hayes; and World Series of Poker bracelet-winner Chad Holloway. Kuznia finished seventh $14,718; Hayes sixth for $11,774 and Holloway fifth ($14,718).
The winner of the tournament ended up being 22-year-old Josh Reichard of Janesville, Wis., who took down $78,003 for the title, and he went on to prove his win was no fluke by capturing a gold ring at the WSOPC at Harrah’s Rincon.
— Email Chad Holloway at email@example.com.
1. Josh Reichard, Janesville, WI, $78,003
2. Mark Borns, Madison, WI, $42,681
3. Miro Semanisin, Wisconsin Dells, $28,258
4. Rob WazWaz, Brooklyn Park, MN, $19,133
5. Chad Holloway, Reedsburg, WI, $14,718
6. John Hayes, St. Paul, MN, $11,774
7. Brett Kuznia, Stephen, MN, $10,302
8. Brian Smith, Rhinelander, WI, $8,823
9. Jason Seitz, Forest Lake, MN, $7,359