A look at some featured events around the country. The following pages also highlight daily events and promotions.
WPT BORGATA OPEN: The Borgata in Atlantic City hosts this series (Sept. 3-20), which features 25 events with buy-ins from $230-$3,500.
* ULTIMATE POKER CHALLENGE: The Red Rock Casino in Las Vegas partnered with Ultimate Poker to host this event through Sept. 8. The series will have 18 events with buy-ins from $120-$1,100.
FESTA AL LAGO: The Bellagio in Las Vegas hosts this series (until Sept. 12) of 23 events (buy-ins $540-$5,180).
KICKOFF CLASSIC: Caesars Palace in Las Vegas celebrates the start of the football season with this series, running until Sept. 15. There are 30 events ($130-$560).
HPT COMMERCE CHAMPIONSHIP: This series near Los Angeles runs Sept. 3-22.
WESTERN CHALLENGE: This WPT Regional series returns to Atlantis Casino in Reno (Sept. 13-22, 18 events, $120-$1,650).
* VENETIAN DEEP STACK EXTRAVAGANZA: The Venetian hosts its popular series Sept. 16-29. This time there will be 34 events ($200-$1,600), including a few varieties.
* HPT THUNDER VALLEY: Thunder Valley Casino Resort near Sacramento, Calif., hosts an HPT event Sept. 20-30. There will be 10 events ($120-$425) in addition to the $1,650 televised main event.
HPT CLUB ONE: The HPT makes its first stop at Club One Casino in Fresno, Calif., from Sept. 27-Oct. 6. In addition to the $1,650 televised main event, there will be six $100 events and one $200 event available.
* MSPT DOWNSTREAM: The Mid-States Poker Tour stops at Downstream Casino in Quapaw, Okla., (Aug. 30-Sept. 8) for a “Keep it or cash it” event. The buy-in is $460 instead of the normal $1,100, but you can play each of eight Day 1 flights. You can combine any surviving Day 1 stack or combine them all to go into Day 2.
MIDWEST CLASSIC: Running Aces Harness Park in Columbus, Minn., hosts this series Sept. 11-22. There will be 25 events ($100-$2,500). This year a H.O.R.S.E event has been added as well as a $2,500 high-roller event. Running Aces has great structures and you’ll get a great tournament for your money.
WSOPC CINCINNATI: The World Series of Poker Circuit stops at the Horseshoe Casino in Cincinnati. There are 12 ring events ($365-$1,675) as well as a few non-ring events starting at $130.
MICHIGAN CLASSIC: The Soaring Eagle Casino in Mount Pleasant hosts this $1,500 NLHE event Sept. 20-22.
FALL POKER SERIES: Choctaw Casino in Durant, Okla., hosts this series (Sept. 26-Oct. 7) with 29 events ($125-$1,120).
* EMERALD COAST: Ebro Greyhound Park in the Florida Panhandle hosts its signature series this month.
* CPPT BESTBET: The 14-event series in Jacksonville runs until Sept. 8. There will be eight $240 events, four $350 events, a $570 event and a $1,500 main event.
WSOPC BILOXI: The WSOPC stops at the IP Casino on Sept. 5-16. There are 12 ring events ($365-$1,675) and a few non-ring events starting at $120.
FALL TAMPA BAY OPEN: The Seminole Hard Rock in Tampa, Fla., hosts this WPT Regional on Sept. 6-15. It features 17 events ($190-$1,500).
* Denotes the main event of this series/tournament qualifies for Ante Up POY consideration as the final 10 players earn POY points.