Here are some featured poker tournaments for July.
WSOP: The 44th annual World Series of Poker continues at the Rio in Las Vegas until July 15.
Carnivale of Poker: One tournament series isn’t enough for the Rio, so Caesars Entertainment brought back the Carnivale of Poker, which runs to July 14. There are 23 events with buy-ins ranging from $250 to $5,000 as $100K is awarded to the top 10 point-earners for the series.
* Venetian DSE: The Deep Stack Extravaganza III is at the Venetian Las Vegas until July 21. Buy-ins begin at $200 and the $5K main event starts July 13.
Mega Stack Series: The Caesars Mega Stack Series continues until July 14 and still has its $1,080 main event.
Bellagio Cup IX: The Bellagio Cup (July 5-15) consists of eight events with buy-ins ranging from $1,080 to $5,180. This series has some larger buy-ins so it could be good for those with larger bankrolls.
Binion’s Poker Classic: Binion’s Casino in Las Vegas is running this series through July 7, with 47 events ($125-$1K).
Grand Poker Series: The Golden Nugget in downtown Las Vegas hosts this series until July 4, accommodating smaller bankrolls. It features 80 events with buy-ins $125-$1,080.
* CPPT Choctaw: The Choctaw Casino in Durant, Okla., will host this 17-event series from July 18 to Aug. 5. With buy-ins ranging from $125 to $350, this series should be good for low-rollers to play lots of tournaments.
MSPT MESKWAKI: The Mid-States Poker Tour returns to the Meskwaki Casino in Tama, Iowa, for another $300K guarantee ($1,100 buy-in). Fields are fairly large at Meskwaki and this should be no different.
* FLORIDA STATE POKER CHAMPIONSHIP: The Isle Casino in Pompano Beach is hosting its signature series (July 11-30) under new management. There will be 29 events with buy-ins $120-$2,500.
* TAMPA BAY DOWNS SUMMER SERIES: The Silks Poker Room will host nine events with $120-$540 buy-ins. It should be some good action for smaller bankrolls.
* AUPT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP: The Ante Up Poker Tour World Championship will be at the all-inclusive Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic from July 28 to Aug. 3.
There will be 15 events with $125-$1,150 buy-ins. The winner will be on the cover of the magazine and everyone else gets to enjoy the beautiful resort.
* Denotes the main event of this series/tournament qualifies for Ante Up Player of the Year consideration as the final 10 players earn POY points.