A look at some featured events around the country. The following pages also highlight daily events and promotions.
WSOPC PHILADELPHIA: Harrah’s in Chester, Pa., hosts the WSOPC until May 6. In addition to the standard 12 ring events, there will be a ladies event and a couple of satellites to the WSOP main event.
* DELAWARE PARK CLASSIC: This series (May 7-28) is hosted by the Casino at Delaware Park in Wilmington, Del. It will feature 28 events with $100-$2,500 buy-ins.
PARX BIG STAX II: Parx Casino near Philadelphia is hosting another Big Stax Series (May 8-20), which features nine events with $175-$1,600 buy-ins.
LIZ FLYNT SPC: The Hustler Casino in Los Angeles will host the Liz Flynt Spring Poker Classic, which is a series with smaller buy-ins and large guarantees. Fields should be large and filled with fish.
CAL STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: The Commerce Casino is hosting the California State Poker Championship May 1-19. The series consists of 18 tournaments ($125-$2,080).
SPRING POT OF GOLD: The Grand Sierra Resort in Reno hosts this series (May 9-19) of 23 events ($130-$1,100).
HPT ROUTE 66: The Route 66 Casino in Albuquerque hosts a Heartland Poker Tour (May 17-26) with a $1,650 main event that has a televised final table.
ORLEANS OPEN: The Orleans Casino in Las Vegas has its annual nine-event series May 18-26 ($225-$540).
* VENETIAN DSE: The Deep Stack Extravaganza III (May 23-July 21) is back with an amazing 215 events ($200-$5K). There will be lots of players and action and is a good alternative to the WSOP.
MEGA STACK SERIES: Caesars Palace in Las Vegas is hosting this 103-event series (May 24-July 14), which has $130-$1,080 buy-ins.
BINION’S CLASSIC: Binion’s Casino in Las Vegas brings back its seventh annual Classic, running May 25-July 7 and consisting of 47 events ($125-$1K).
HPT SOARING EAGLE: The Heartland Poker Tour stops in Mount Pleasant, Mich., on May 1-20. In addition to the $1,650 televised main event, there will be two events for $220 and $550 each.
* HPO COLUMBUS: The Hollywood Poker Open will hold another regional event, this time at Hollywood Columbus in Ohio, May 6-17 and 19. See the ad on Pages 2-3 in our May issue for details.
* AUPT FOUR STATES POKER CHAMPIONSHIP: The Ante Up Poker Tour makes its next stop at the beautiful Downstream Casino for the Ante Up Poker Tour/Four States Poker Championship on May 17-26.
The series features 16 events with $100-$1K buy-ins. The winner of the main event will be on the July cover of Ante Up.
DELTA GOLD CLASSIC: The Gold Strike Casino in Tunica, Miss., hosts this series (May 3-13), which features 16 events with buy-ins ranging from $135-$810.
* DEEP STACK SERIES: The Seminole Hard Rock in Hollywood, Fla., runs this event May 9-18, featuring six events with buy-ins ranging from $240 to $1,650.
SUMMER SLAM: The Seminole Casino Coconut Creek in Coconut Creek, Fla., is hosting a World Poker Tour Regional May 14-26. The series has 11 events ($65-$350).
* Denotes the main event of this series/tournament qualifies for Ante Up Player of the Year consideration as the final 10 players earn POY points.