A look at some featured events around the country. The following pages also highlight daily events and promotions. The tournament season slows down a bit in December, but there’s still plenty of action available.
* DEEPSTACKS MOHEGAN SUN: There’s still time to play at the DeepStacks Poker Tour Mohegan Sun in Connecticut. The four-day $2,500 main event starts Dec. 1 and carries a $500K guarantee. There also are two smaller buy-in events on Dec. 2 in case you bust out of the main.
WSOPC HARRAH’S ATLANTIC CITY: Harrah’s Resort in Atlantic City will host the World Series of Poker Circuit Nov. 29-Dec. 10. Players will have 12 chances to win a ring as well as seven non-ring events. On Dec. 10, they’ll have a $1,100 satellite to the WSOP main event.
SANDS DSE: The Deep Stacks Extravaganza (Dec. 5-17) is coming to the Sands Casino Resort in Bethlehem, Pa. The series will feature nine events, including a $2,500 main event with two Day 1s.
MEGA STACK CHALLENGE: Foxwoods is running the Mega Stack Challenge on Dec. 8-16. If you’ve never been to Foxwoods be prepared to bring a compass and a map to the poker room because it’s huge! There’s good action and a great property and historically have had respectable structures.
BORGATA DEEP STACK DOUBLE PLAY: This $1,090 tournament has a Day 1A on Dec. 16 and Day 1B on Dec. 17. There are also $250 qualifiers on Dec. 15 and 16.
* ANTE UP NORCAL CLASSIC: You can still get in on the action at the inaugural Ante Up Poker Tour stop hosted at Thunder Valley Casino Resort near Sacramento, Calif. Day 1B of the $1,100 main event is Dec. 1 and a huge field is expected.
WPT FIVE DIAMOND: The Bellagio in Las Vegas hosts the World Poker Tour Doyle Brunson Five Diamond World Poker Classic throughDec. 9. The $10,300 championship event starts Dec. 4, and the $25,500 high roller starts Dec. 7.
WSOPC HARRAH’S RINCON: Harrah’s Rincon in San Diego will host the WSOPC on Dec. 6-17. There will be the standard 12 ring events, eight non-ring events and a handful of satellites.
MSPT CANTERBURY PARK: The Mid-States Poker Tour will be back at Canterbury Park in Shakopee, Minn., on Dec. 1-9. The $1,100 event has Day 1A on Dec. 7, Day 1B on Dec. 8, and Day 2 starting at 10 a.m. on Dec. 9. Canterbury always draws large fields so we expect this event to be huge.
* WPT TAMPA BAY OPEN: The Seminole Hard Rock WPT Tampa Bay Open (Nov. 30-Dec. 9) is a WPT Regional event in Tampa, Fla. The series has 15 events, including a $1,500 main event with a $250K guarantee.
* PALM BEACH CHRISTMAS CLASSIC: The Palm Beach Kennel Club in West Palm Beach, Fla., is hosting its Christmas Classic (Dec. 7-16) with $300K in guarantees. Last year’s main event drew 397 entrants and a $385K prize pool.
* GOLD STRIKE WINTER CLASSIC: This event (Dec. 14-22) will be at the Gold Strike Casino Resort in Tunica, Miss. There will be 14 events that range from $80 to $800 (See preview here).
* Denotes the main event of this series/tournament qualifies for Ante Up Player of the Year consideration as the final 10 players earn POY points.