On Jan. 21, the Forest Edge Poker Room at the Menominee Casino Resort in northern Wisconsin hosted to the Winter 500 Poker Challenge. The event drew 52 players for a $26K prize pool. John Kulish of Oconto, Wis., won the title and $8,580.
The Forest Edge Poker Room has new winter hours (10 a.m.-2 a.m. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday). It’ll host a weekly tournament Saturdays at noon. For more information, call the poker room at (800) 343-7778 (x5274) or visit menomineecasinoresort.com.
— Chad Holloway is Ante Up’s Wisconsin Ambassador. He’s a senior writer for PokerNews.com and a member of Team Blue Shark Optics. Email him at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @ChadAHolloway.
Winter 500 Poker Challenge results
1. John Kulish, Oconto, WI , $8,580
2. Samuel Overlien, Baraboo, WI, $5,720
3. Jason Bregger, Ashburn, VA, $3,120
4. John Brzozowski, Winneconne, WI, $2,340
5. Michael Burns, Oshkosh, WI, $2,080
6. Ryan Mattson, Clintonville, WI, $1,820
7. Richard Smaniotto, Bark River, MI, $1,300
8. John Nieminen, Iron River, MI, $1,040